The archipelago of the Azores is located 1300 km west of mainland Portugal.
The maps of the Genovese of the fourteenth century show that the Azorean Archipelago had been discovered between 1317 and 1339. However, a Portuguese historian named Damião Peres attributes the discovery of the Azores to the navigator Diogo de Silves, around 1427.
The Azores have an area of 2 247 Km2, with 9 islands scattered in three groups – Eastern Group with S. Miguel and Santa Maria; the Central Group with Terceira, S. Jorge, Graciosa, Pico and Faial and the Western Group with Flores and Corvo.
The beginning of the colonization occurred in the year 1439, by the islands of Santa Maria and San Miguel. The discovery of the last two islands, Flores and Corvo, only happened around the year 1462.
Terceira Island is the third in the area and the second most populous. With the exception of the island of Santa Maria, all others are of volcanic origin.
Most of the islands have a mountainous topography, with the “Peak” of the island of Pico being the culmination of the archipelago and of Portugal – 2345 m altitude.
Quinta dos Figos
It’s close to everything:
- 2.5 km from the city of Praia da Vitória and 23 km from the city of Angra do Heroísmo, classified by UNESCO (1983), as a world heritage site, with its historic wall installed in Monte Brasil
- 6 km from the international airport of Lages and 1 km from the ocean port of Praia da Vitória, which, among other functions, ensures the embarkation and disembarkation of passengers, in international maritime transport;
- 600 meters from Riviera Beach (bathing area);
- 11 km from the golf course and 15 km from the interior of the island, where you can visit the Algar do Carvão, the sulfur furnaces and the caves of the balconies, the needles and the Christmas;
- 2.5 km from the beach of Praia da Vitória; 3 km from the beach area of Porto Martins, 6 km from the bathing area of Salgueiros and 23 km from the Biscoitos bathing area;
- 6.5 km from the mountain summit and 30 km from the Santa Barbara mountain range;
- 2.2 Km from Hypermarket.
- Email: email@example.com
- Cellphone 1: +351 919 163 530
- Cellphone 2: +351 966 213 195
- Cellphone 3: +351 962 822 205
- Fax: +351 295 542 708
- Address: Rua das Pedras, nº 34
, Cabo da Praia
9760-118 Praia da Vitória, ilha Terceira – Açores